Prolific Chip serial adapter Works with Windows 7 and Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-Bit as well as XP Home and XP Pro.
The USB converter is housed in a strong molded enclosure designed for use in rugged application areas . USB adds a Windows serial Com port via it's USB connection and can be configured to work with RS-232 peripherals such as POS and Industrial Control devices. USB Plug and Play allows easy serial port expansion and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources. It supports data transfer rates of up to 230 thousand bps. No external power supply is required as USB converter takes its power from the USB bus.
USB to Serial Adaptor RoHS Compliant. Works with Windows VISTA!
Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers cause the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC.
Application software can access the USB device in the same way as it would access a standard COM port.
Our drivers are "signed" by Microsoft!
Provides a single DB-9 serial port for connecting to:
PDA devices ...
Standard Serial Devices
Plugs into a USB port on Windows 98/ME/2K/XP! PC
Draws its power from the USB connection ... a power adapter is not required
Supports data rates up to 230.0 Kbps
Works with all popular brands of PDAs
Provides one RS-232 male DB9 port for direct connection to a PDA cradle or synchronization cable.
Now you can easily connect your Magellan GPS receiver to the USB port of your desktop or mobile PC with this DB-9 to USB adapter cable. Magellan data cable accessories come standard with a DB-9 connector, compatible with the DB-9 port on your computer. If your computer does not come equipped with a DB-9 port, simply plug-in this USB serial accessory adapter and connect your Magellan GPS receiver via your USB port to download maps and other software.
The PL-2303 USB to Serial adapter is your smart and convenient accessory for connecting RS-232 serial devices to your USB-equipped Windows host computer. It provides a bridge connection with a standard DB 9-pin male serial port connector in one end and a standard Type-A USB plug connector on the other end. You simply attach the serial device onto the serial port of the cable and plug the USB connector into your PC USB port. It allows a simple and easy way of adding serial connections to your PC without having to go thru inserting a serial card and traditional port configuration.
This USB to Serial adapter is ideal for connecting modems, cellular phones, PDAs, digital cameras, card readers and other serial devices to your computer. It provides serial connections up to 1Mbps of data transfer rate. And since USB does not require any IRQ resource, more devices can be attached to the system without the previous hassles of device and resource conflicts.
Finally, the PL-2303 USB to Serial adapter is a fully USB Specification compliant device and therefore supports advanced power management such as suspend and resume operations as well as remote wakeup. The PL-2303 USB Serial cable adapter is designed to work on all Windows operating systems.
Features & Specifications
- Smart USB to RS-232 (DB 9-pin male serial port) interface
- Supports various serial devices like modems, PDAs, cellular phones, digital cameras, card readers, and more.
- Easy Plug and Play Installation
- Full Compliance with the Universal Serial Bus Specification v1.1
- Supports the standard RS-232 Serial Interface
- Supports automatic handshake mode
- Over 1Mbps data transfer rate
- Supports Remote Wake-up and Intelligent Power Management
- Provides Dual Buffers for upstream and downstream data transfer
- No IRQ resource required
- Bus Powered , no separate power supply or battery required System Requirements
- Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP operating system
- AMD or Intel Pentium 133MHz or better based computer
- USB 1.1 or higher port
- USB to RS-232 (Serial Port) Cable Adapter
- USB to RS-232 Driver Utility Disk The USB Serial Converter is the fastest way to connect your PDA to the USB port on a Mac or PC. This product operates as a bridge between one USB port and a standard RS-232 Serial port. Just connect the cable into any USB port from any RS-232 device or any DB9P Male connector, such as, PDA, scanner or printer
- Supports automatic handshake mode
- Works with cellular phones, PDA, Digital Cameras, Modems, or ISDN terminal adapters
- Supports remote wake-up and power management
- Frees your RS-232 port for other uses
- Support Microsoft Windows and Mac OS 8.6 or higher (Minimum Mac G3 or above)
- Over 230kbps data transfer rate
- 96 byte buffer each for upstream and downstream data flow
- No IRQs, no IRQ conflicts
- Easy installation
||USB to Serial Converter
||Universal Serial Bus (USB) version 1.1
||USB Bus power
||One USB A to DB9M connector
|Number of Port
||1 x RS-232
||Windows 9x/ME, Windows 2K/XP
||Mac OS 8.6 or higher (Mac Hardware: Mac G3 or above)
||CB12BB USB to Serial Converter
||Software & driver CD
Important Technical Information:
Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista laptops and desktop systems with USB1.0, 1.1 or USB 2.0 support USB Serial Adapter Converter with 6ft. cable THIS ITEM USES PROLIFIC CHIPSET! Support: How do I change to a different COM setting? The way to change the COM port is by changing the I/O range for it in Device Manager. Right-click on "My Computer" Click the "Device Manager" tab. Click the "+" by "Ports" Select "USB to Serial Port (COM5)" Click the "Properties" button Click the "Resources" Tab. Uncheck the box that says "Use automatic sttings". Select the "Input/Output range" Click the "Change Settings " button. Click the little arrows until you find an appropriate setting. "02E8-02EF" should give you a COM4 setting after you restart the computer. Make sure to click "OK" on all screens. Use the following settings to get the following COM ports: COM1 - 3F8h COM2 - 2F8h COM3 - 3E8h COM4 - 2E8h
PL2303-Win98-2000-XP-Driver-Installer (download here)
USB TO Serial Adapter Vista User Guide(download here)
USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and EIA/TIA RS-232C standards
Port power from USB port
Current Consumption: Under 100mA
300 to 128,000bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)
USB side: 10ft (3m); RS-232 side: 16ft (5m)
USB side: Type A Female; RS-232 side: DB-9 Male
TX, RX and Power
Dimensions (H x W x D):
0.6 x 1.4 x 2.2 in (15 x 35 x 55 mm) (excluding cable)
Cable Length: 3.3ft (1m)
2.6 oz (73 g)
32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)
Operating Humidity: Up to 90% RH (no condensation)
RS-232 Side (DB-9 Male Connector / DTE):
Pin Function Description
1 DCD Data Carrier Detect
2 RX Receive Data
3 TX Transmit Data
4 DTR Data Terminal Ready
5 GND Ground (Signal)
6 DSR Data Set Ready
7 RTS Request to Send
8 CTS Clear to Send
9 RI Ring Indicator
DB-9 / DB-25 CONVERSION TABLE
DB-9 Pin Assignment: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DB-25 Pin Assignment: 8 3 2 20 7 6 4 5 22
Function: DCD RX TX DTR GND DSR RTS CTS RI
Install Program for Vista 32/64 bit XP ME 98 2000 2003 2008 and Windows 7
PL-2303 USB to Serial Bridge (H, HX, X) Installshield Driver Setup Program
Installer & Build date: 188.8.131.52_20090410
Windows 98/ME Driver: v184.108.40.206
Windows 2000/XP/Server2003 (32-bit) Driver: v220.127.116.11
Windows Vista/Server2008 (32 & 64-bit) Driver: 18.104.22.168
Language Support: English (default), Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese