True HOT-SWAP and HOT-PLUG SATA to eSATA Bridge with USB 2.0
VISTA 32-Bit and Vista-64 Bit and Linux and OS X.5 Supported Western Digital, Seagate, Samsung, Hitachi, Maxtor Hard Drives up to 4TB Each are supported by this device. (currently tested with all makes and models of 750Gb and 1TB Drives) The COOLGear CGS-2SU2 is a complete solution for bridging between SATA and SATA II Hard Drives and USB2.0. Integrating a full USB2.0 link/Phy, and a dual eSATA External Interface, Perfect Solution for Mini Hard Drive Enclosures Providing Both eSATA and USB 2.0 External Interface for Two SATA Drives. ALL NEW Model for 2008 using JMicron Chip Inside JM20336 Hi-Speed USB & SATA II 3.0G Combo to SATA II 3.0G Bridge product brief Overview The JM20336 is a bridge controller, which translates the communication protocol between SATA II 3.0G and Hi-Speed USB commands. The integrated 15MIPS 8051, dual-port SATA II 3.0G and Hi-Speed USB technology enable users to perform Hi-Speed USB to SATA II 3.0G, and SATA II 3.0G to SATA II 3.0G applications in a signal chip.In this chip, the Hi-Speed USB controller supports the USB Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport Specification, and support dual LUN applications. The SATA controller could be configured as host or device. The dual-port SATA II 3.0G controllers further support the SATA to SATA communication. Integrated these two technologies, the user could perform JM20336 to the following applications. SATA & Hi-Speed USB combo to SATA bridge application. (USB Default Driver of OS) Hi-Speed USB to SATA with dual LUN bridge application (USB Default Driver of OS) Hi-Speed USB to dual-port SATA with one-button copy application (With USB Vender Software Application) SATA & Hi-Speed USB combo to SATA with one-button system backup application. (With SATA, USB Vender Software Application) Feature Compliance Compliance with Serial ATA International Organization: Serial ATA Revision 2.5 Compliance with Gen1i, Gen1m, Gen2i and Gen2m of Serial ATA International Organization: Serial ATA Revision 2.5 Compliance with USB 2.0 electrical specification Compliance with USB Mass Storage Class, Bulk-Only Transport Specification Overall Support SATA 1.5G/3.0G Speed Negotiation Support SATA II Asynchronous Signal Recovery (Hot Plug) feature Support SATA II NCQ Support SATA Host/Device controller configuration Support USB 2.0 High-Speed and Full-Speed Operation Support USB HID Interrupt Transfer Support Dual LUN of USB Mass Storage Class Support ATA/ATAPI PACKET command feature set Support SATA 25MHz and USB 30MHz external crystal Integrated 15MIPS 8051 microprocessor with 32k-byte mask ROM Support 8 GPIO Support one-button system backup operation Support one-button disk copy Support external NVRAM for customer VID/PID, Manufacture and Product String. Embedded 3.3V to 1.8V Voltage Regulator 0.18um CMOS technology with LQFP 64 package 0.18um CMOS technology with LQFP 100 package Software Support operation system : Microsoft Windows 98 Microsoft Windows ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Media Center, and later Mac OS 9.22 and above
Features: Integrated Dual SATA cores and Phy Compatible with latest generation Serial ATA and Serial ATA II drives and supports dual disks. Operates at 1.5GHz and 3.0GHz, assuring a disk interface data rate of 150Mbytes/sec. and/or 300Mbytes/sec. The eSATA interface allows external storage products to follow the current transition of hard drives from Parallal ATA to Serial ATA. Dual SATA allows connection of 1 or 2 SATA drives. SATA II Hard Drives Supported
- Two Internal SATA hard drive ports
- Two External eSATA ports
- One USB 2.0 High-Speed Port
- Standard 4-Pin Power Plug
- Activity LED output, Status LED output Pin Headers
- Complies with the USB-IF specifications for USB 2.0, the USB Mass Storage Class, and the USB Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport.
- Operates at High (480Mbps) or Full (12Mbps) speed
- Supports 48-bit addressing for large hard drives up to 1000GB each(>128GB).
- Self Powered Mode Of Operation
- Provides cost-effective solution for remote location of peripheral devices
- User friendly interface - Plug&Play and Ease of use
- Enables hot swappable peripherals
- Operating System Support: Windows 98 SE/ Me/ 2000/ XP /2003 and Windows NT in SATA Mode; MacOS 9.1 or later
- Please Note: SATA Internal and eSATA external Cables NOT PROVIDED!
- APPLICATION - To turn your SATA Hard Drives to USB 2.0 or eSATA Connected External Device
- Convert any existing Dual or Quad Bay Enclosure to Support SATA Hard Drives, By installing one or two of our CoolGear Bridge Boards you can upgrade any SCSI I FormFactor Centronics BackBlane to Provide Acess for up to Four SATA or SATA II Hard Drives.
- SCSI I Connector I Form Factor w/ Long Bracket (fits Many Dual and Quad Drive Enclosures)
Easy Installation Into Most Dual Or Quad Enclosures