CoolGear SATA II to 5-SATA Hard Drive Multiplier BridgeBoard Solution.
Sata Multiplexer NEW LOW PRICE! Unlike lesser Quality Products, our port multiplier solution offers Hard drive activity LED and Link Status LED for each Hard Drive Connection! CoolGear is the Real Thing! CGS-3726-A1 is aimed at higher-speed multimedia file storage application. CGS-3726-A1 provides the perfect solution for video or image file storage.
*** Required Reading Prior to Port Multiplier Purchase!
Supports 48-bit addressing for large hard drives (>128GB). Connecting up to Five SATA 750GB drives giving Ultimate Storage Solution for up to 3.75TB. One SATA II host port communicate and connect up to five SATA II Hard Drives by one eSATA single-lane cable! Install this board inside of your External Disk Array 5bay case and make 5 units of SATA hard drive have External Serial ATA (eSATA) connection to 1 external SATA host port. Supports SCSI-1Centronic 50pin Form factor.
- 1-to-5 native SATA II Port Multiplier
- Shielded and durable eSATA connector for host connection
- Full support for FIS-based switching and command-based switching SATA host controllers
- Advanced data aggregation architecture for ultra-fast read and write operations with FIS-based switching controllers
- LED Pin Headers for Host & 5 devices & Power On & System Ready Auto-negotiation
- Support for 1.5Gbps and 3.0Gbps SATA
- Compliant with SATA II external specification Hot-plug and ATAPI support
- Port Multiplier Board with Metal bracket and Mounting hole of SCSI-1 (Centronic 50pin)
- Form Factor for 5bay Disk Array
Use a standard single Channel SATA II Cable to run up to 5-Hard Drives in a RAID or JBOD Configuration
- CGS-3726-A1 aims at the higher-speed multimedia file storages via a simple single external eSATA cable solution.
- SATA II Mini Enclosures with multiple hard drives
- JBOD large storage enclosures with single cable connector
- RAID enclosures that use Software Stripe or Span
- Multi Drive Connection via single SATA II Cable
- SCSI I Bracket Mounting for Retro Fititng any Multi Drive Enclosure to new eSATA standard. CGS-3726-A1 is designed to have SCSI 1 50pin connector form factor so it\'s idea for Quad bay SCSI case. SCSI Enclosure vendors who are using the SATA or SATA II devices now have an immediate and no-risk solutions to add Single eSATA interface to their product lines.
- Physical Dimensions: 3.33" x 2.00" (8.45cm x 5.00cm)
Fit to most standard SCSI enclosure (SCSI I 50pin Connector Form Factor) The latest in Silicon Image's SATALink¢â family, the SiI 3726¢â is a 1-to-5 Serial ATA (SATA) Port Multiplier designed to provide a high-performance link between a single SATA host port and five SATA device ports. With its unique data aggregation and 3Gbps serial link capabilities, the SiI 3726 takes full advantage of 3Gbps host links and FIS-based switching host controllers, like the Silicon Image SiI 3124, to provide ultra-fast read and write performance. The feature-rich SiI 3726 supports all port multiplier-related SATA II extensions, allowing system designers to exploit the full potential of SATA II across their storage solutions. System designers using the SiI 3726 can dramatically reduce their system cabling needs and simplify high-speed PCB designs.
The SiI 3132 offers advanced RAID capability through Silicon Image's SATARaid¢â software RAID management utility, which comes bundled with the chip. The SiI 3132 supports RAID 0 and 1 when two drives are connected directly to the chip's two SATA ports. When multiple drives are connected to the SiI 3132 via a port multiplier such as Silicon Image\'s SiI 3726¢â, RAID 0, 1, 10 and 5 are supported.
- Kit Includes:
- CGS-3726-A1 Bridge Board
- Y-Shape DC Power Cable (Red, Black, Black, Yellow)
- Installation Guide
- Please Note:
- Internal Device SATA Cables NOT Provided
- External Host SATA II eSATA Cable NOT Provided Port multipliers typically reside on an enclosures backplane and are transparent to the drives. Port multipliers support all standard SATA and SATA II Drives.
- To learn More about SATA and Silicon Image Port Multiplier Technology please visit Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO) Port Multiplier Solution for System Integrators.
These HBA Cards Support Port Multiplier Features
The host cards support SiI3726 Port Multiplier: CG-PC-112 CG-64-105i CG-64-105e CG-ST-124 CG-ST-125 CG-PE-100N CG-PE-105N and many other brands of MotherBoards and Host Adapters, check with your Host Adapter provider for "Port Multiplier" Support. All High-End Cards will Most Likely have this feature all cards (SATA HBA) sub $60 will not have Port Multiplier Options! COOLGear(TM)