RS232 Signal Extender using Cat.5 up to 2000 Meters
The Isolated RS-232 Cat.5 extender allows you to increase the distance of your RS232 Serial connection with 2.5kV isolation by up to 2000 meters (6600 feet). It features 2.5kV isolation to ensure sensitive controls and devices for long extending serial signal won’t be damaged.
The CM-232EXT-i provides full-duplex remote access and control of any RS-232 protocol device. Perfects for use in industrial monitoring and control, POS, security, medical, and traffic flow applications, the RS232 Cat.5 extender maintains the RS232 standard with support for data transfer rates of up to 921.6kbps.
RS232 Isolated Extender Features
- Compatible with all RS-232 protocols; Supports full-duplex data communication
- Extends RS-232 peripherals up to 2000 meters upon transfer rate at 115kbps. (1700m upon 230kbps; 700m upon 921.6kbps)
- Supports transfer rate up to 921.6kbps.
- Supports ±15kV (air), ±8kV (contact) ESD protection; Isolated ground loops
- Supports 40A (5/50ns) & Peak Pulse Power 250 W ( 8/20 us ) Surge and Transient spikes protection
- Supports 2.5kV Isolation
- Supports Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, Windows server OS 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2, Mac OS 8.6 / 9.x / 10.x or higher.
- Rugged & cambered shape’s Aluminum shell and wall mountable