RS232 Extender using Cat.5 up to 2000 Meters
The Isolated USB to RS-232 Cat.5 extender is a low cost and durable serial solution that will extend your RS-232 via a single standard Cat.5 / 5e / 6 UTP cable. It features 2.5kV isolation to ensure sensitive controls and devices for long extending serial signal won’t be damaged. It provides full-duplex remote access and control of any RS-232 protocol device.
The isolated USB to RS-232 Cat.5 extender kit consists of a local transmitter and remote receiver. Allows you placing RS-232 devices in any location you want and to control them remotely up to 2000 meters (6600 feet).
RS232 Extender Features
- Compatible with all RS-232 protocols.
- Extend RS-232 peripherals up to 2000 meters upon transfer rate at 115kbps. (1700m upon 230kbps; 700m upon 921.6kbps)
- Fully Compliant with USB specification 1.1 and 2.0
- Supports transfer rate up to 921.6kbps.
- Supports ±15kV (air), ±8kV (contact) ESD protection; Isolated ground loops
- Supports 40A (5/50ns) & Peak Pulse Power 250 W ( 8/20 us ) Surge and Transient spikes protection
- Supports 2.5kV Isolation; Bus powered for local transmitter, external power for remote receiver
- Compatible with Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 or higher, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2, Win CE and Mac OS 8.6, Linux 1.5.0 or higher
- Rugged & cambered shape’s Aluminum shell and wall mountable