The COOLGEAR-250-MINT is an ultra slim 9.5mm brushed metal hard drive enclosure offering both FireWire 1394a and USB2 connectors. USB2 is backward compatible with USB1.1. The COOLGEAR-250-MINT will accept any 9.5mm hard drive (10G 80G, not included with kit).
If you are looking for external storage for your laptop or desktop computer but not sure if you want to go with USB for its popularity, or do you go with FireWire for it's universal speed advantage, the COOLGEAR-250-MINT supports the best of both worlds in a new ultra compact form factor.
This external 2.5" ATA hard disk drive conversion kit provides the USB 2.0 and FireWire interfaces to connect to Macs, Pcs and Linux machines (check your Linux distribution for SBP2 drivers). The data stored on the hard drive is fully accessible with either interface, and does not require special partitions. With maximum transfer rates of 400Mb/s or higher on FireWire and 480Mbs for USB2, you are guaranteed superior performance with any system.
- Provides IDE to FireWire and IDE to USB 2.0 conversion in one external enclosure kit
- Supports IDE ATA100/66 protocol
- Transfer Rate: Up to 400Mb/sec FireWire; 480Mb/sec USB 2.0 (backward compatible with USB 1.0/1.1)
- Hot-swapping capability (Including between USB and FireWire)
- Easy installation, no jumper or ID setting
- Dual LED: Indicate power and driver activities
- FireWire bus-power feature supported
- Ultra-slim chrome finish for the executive style
- 2.5" external enclosure (very cool and slim)
- USB 2.0 cable
- 6 to 6 pin firewire cable
- USB DC power adapter
- Carry pouch
- Printed manual
- PS/2 DC power adapter
- AC ADAPTER INCLUDED, JUST IN CASE!
PLEASE NOTE: PRODUCT DESIGNED TO OUR SPECIFICATIONS(custom board) OVERSEAS, DO NOT BUY FROM ANY DEPOT AND/OR FIREWIRE SWEATSHOPS, WE HAVE BEEN PRODUCING AND SELLING FIREWIRE AND USB ITEMS SINCE 1997 THERE IS NO OTHER DEVICE LIKE THIS.(period)