Converts RS232 to RS422 and RS485
The SER-COMi-Si-M is an optically isolated serial converter. Bidirectional signals are converted from RS232 to RS422 and RS485 in industrial environments. In serial RS485 mode, the data direction is managed by the bit rate adaptive function of ART (Automatic Receive Transmit control). ART analyzes the data in real-time, and adapts to the setup of the RS232 port.
Often used operation modes are selected by simple DIP switches. The full versatility is controlled by the built-in software configuration menu. The behavior of serial RS422 and various options of serial RS485 are selected by an easy-to-use menu structure.
Termination and BIAS (polarization) resistors allow for preparing the serial converter’s signals for connection to customers networks. These internal resistors are activated by relays controlled by the configuration menu. There is no need to open the metal case for configuration.
Serial RS232 Converter Applications
Factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications (up to 1.3KM) and serial communication in harsh environments.
Serial Converter Features
- Optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation.
- Surge protection from ESD and power surges up to 25kV ESD.
- RS485 bit rate adaptive ART (Automatic Receive Transmit control), RS422 with Hardware handshake.
- Full Software Configuration, NO Jumpers.
- Quick configuration for standard modes.
- Flexible power 9-30V DC.
- LED indicator for Power and signals.
- Internal Termination and BIAS by software.
- DIN-Rail mountable.
- RS232: DTE/DCE selected by DIP
- RS485: Automatic Receive Transmit control(ART)
- Baudrate adaption in real time
- Line Adjust: Built-in Termination and Polarization (BIAS) resistors
- Operation Modes: RS422 with hardware handshake
- RS485 by ART, RTS or DTR
- RS485 Half- and Full-Duplex
- Two basic modes selected by DIP switch
- Cable Length: max. 1200 m
- Speed: max. 1Mbps
- Max. 250kbps with ART
- Connector: RS232 1x DB9 female
- RS485/RS422 1 x DB9 male plus Terminal Block (5 c-clamps)
- Dimensions: 67×90×27 mm (W×L×H)
- Power requirements: 9-30V DC, 600mW
- Power supply Adapter: 12V DC, 500mA
- Case: SECC sheet metal (1mm)
Configuration Menu: Various parameters of signal conversion are defined via an easy-to-use menu interface, access is via standard terminal programs (Hyperterminal, miniterm, ...)
- Operating Temp: 0°C - 60°C
- Storage Temp: -20°C - 85°C
- RS232 Serial Converter to RS422 and RS485
- 12V 1A output power adapter with 3 pin Phoenix connector
- Male to female DB9 serial cable
- Driver Disc