Provides a reliable solution for Notebook to connect serial peripherals such as GPS receivers, serial printers/plotters, barcode scanners, digital cameras and fax/modems.
Windows Server 2003
Single Port RS-232 Serial adapter PCMCIA card is compact in size and low power requirements to support the major serial portable devices.
Item USES NEW OXFORD OX16CF950B CHIP!
The UART is the newest generation of the 16C950. It equipped a 128-byte deep data FIFO and auto-flow control features to speed up the data transfer to 115.2Kbps without the under-run and over-run problems.
MG-1SCB PCMCIA Host controller with Serial Adapter
By utilizing the PCMCIA card port in your notebook you can add one additional serial port without conflict to existing IRQ's, a great benefit when in need of more serial devices for your system.
The MG-1SCB is ideal for a wide variety of applications
including field data collection, industrial control and monitoring. With its complete hardware and
complete driver support, the MG-1SCB is an ideal upgrade to support all UART-serial-compatible devices for
the rapidly changing Notebook computer to preserve user's investment in serial interface.
MG-1SCB PCMCIA serial adapter specifications:
System: For 16-bit PCMCIA, Release 7.1 and backward compatible.
Operating System Support: Windows 98, ME, XP, 2000
PCMCIA Host Card Features: Fully Plug & Play compliant, compatible with old and new Notebooks.
Form Factor: 3.37" x 2.12" (8.57cm x 5.40cm)
Serial Port & I/O Hardware Features: One DB9-Male UART Serial port.
Serial Port PCMCIA Feature
- Automated in-band flow control using
Programmable Xon/Xoff characters.
- Detection of bad data in the Receiver FIFO.
- 115.2Kbps (basic model), up to 4Mbps model
- Flexible Clock Prescaler from 1 to 31.875.
- Backward compatible with 16C550 UARTs.
- 128-byte 16C950 Deep FIFO Performance.
- Supports 1 RS232C Serial Port with a DB9M Cable.
- 16-Bit PCMCIA R7.1 and backward Compatible.
- 16C950 UART compatible, 128-byte deep FIFOs per Transmitter and Receiver.
- Automated in band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS#RTS# and/or DSR#DTR#
- One DB9-Male RS232C Serial Port Connector with 15pin-to DB9M cable.
- One 68-pin PCMCIA Connector for Notebooks.