SS-2EXP 2-Port SATA2 Express Card/34mm (single slim slot) OS Support Windows Vista 32 and 64-Bit, 2000, XP, Windows Server 2003 ONLY! NOT FOR MAC!
- Fully ExpressCard Standard 1.0 Compliant
- ExpressCard/34mm Form Factor, 250Mbytes/sec
- Onboard SiI3132 Chip, dual SATA2 Channels
- Two eSATA External Connectors
- Supports SATA2 Port Multipliers
- Supports SATA2 transfer rate of 3.0Gb/s
- Supports Legacy Command Queuing (LCQ)
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Supports FIS-based switching with Port Multipliers
- Co-resides with Existed IDE and SATA devices
- ROM BIOS supports Boot Features
- Supports up to Hard Drives over 137GB
The SS-2EXP is the most powerful Serial ATA II controller to accommodate Serial ATA II devices for a notebook computer. It also supports devices over SATA2 Port Multipliers. Any system with an ExpressCard interface can simply add the Serial ATA devices by simply adding the SS-2EXP controller card and loading the drivers into the system.
Serial ATA is a high-speed serial link replacement for the parallel ATA attachment of mass storage devices. The serial link employed is a high-speed differential layer that utilizes gigabit technology and 8b/10b encoding. The current data rate is 1.5Gb/s (=150MB/s) and 3.0Gb/s. It will supports 6Gb/s in the future.
The SS-2EXP supports two serial ATA ports, it supports 2 serial ATA devices (one for each) or can connect more devices via SATA2 Port Multipliers. It provides complete software drivers for most of the major operating systems. It is the right choice for a ExpressCard bus to Serial ATA versatile devices.
For ExpressCard/54 Form Factor Systems
Express Card Interface
Fully ExpressCard Specifications 1.0 Compliant
Serial ATA Ports
Two serial ATA ports which fully support devices up to 3.0Gb/s transfer rate.
- Supports both 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s SATA2 devices
- Supports SATA2 devices over Port Multipliers
- Onboard ROM BIOS Supports hard drives greater than 137GB ’Þ Supports 2 Serial ATA devices with Hot Swap Features
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Serial ATA Devices Supports 2 Serial ATA devices: Hard drives, Removable HDD, and more coming ATAPI devices such as CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, Tape, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, PD, ¡K I/O Hardware Supports 2 External 7-pin serial eSATA connectors Software Bundled Powerful Software Drivers for major Operating Systems OS Support Windows 2000, XP, Windows Server 2003 Form Factor 4.41¡¨ x 1.34¡¨ (11.20cm x 3.40cm) SORRY NOT FOR MAC