l USB to Quad Opto-isolated RS-422/485 Adapter
- with optical isolation (2000V) (USB-4COMi-SI)
- with surge protection (25KV ESD)of all signal lines to prevent interference, to protect system & minimize down time
The USB Industrial I/O Adapter is designed to make industrial communication port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Industrial I/O Adapter instantly adds industrial communication port to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Industrial I/O Adapter makes it easier than ever to add RS-422 or RS-485 device to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. Adapting the new technology, the industrial I/O communication port expansion now takes the new bus with easy and convenient connectivity.
Plugging the USB Industrial I/O Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The RS-422 /485 port functions as native Windows COM port, and is compatible with Windows serial communication applications.
The USB Industrial I/O Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-422/485 communication device for factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales , data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications and serial communication in harsh environments. The USB Industrial I/O provides industrial solution for applications requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
Optical Isolation & Surge Protection
Optical isolation and surge protection are available to USB-4COMi-SI
Each RS-422/485 port is individually optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC or notebook from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. Your computer is well protected, since the surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
Each RS-422/485 port is individually protected by surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD. Surge suppression on all signals prevent from damages caused by lighting or high voltage.
USB to Quad Opto-isolated RS-422/485 Adapter (USB-4COMi-SI)
- Adds quad high speed RS-422 / 485 port via USB connection
- Each RS-422/485 port is individually optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation.
- Each RS-422/485 port is individually protected by surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
- 384 byte receive buffer
- 128 byte transmit buffer for high speed data throughput
- Requires no IRQ, DMA, I/O port
- Data rates: 300 bps to 230K bps
- Serial Connector: one DB-9 male connector
- Auto transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex operation
- Termination resistors installed on-board.
- RS-422 data signals : TX-, TX+, RX+, RX-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- Monitor LEDs of TxD, RxD indicating port status
- Self-powered. Power adapter of 6V, 2.1 Amp included