The USB-8COM-PS USB eight port serial adapter is designed to allow both self-power and USB power during operation. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Quad Serial Adapter instantly adds eight RS-232 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB serial adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug and-play and hot plug features.
The 8 port USB serial adapter includes a 5V 2A power adapter, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The USB Eight Port Serial Adapter is self-powered and does not require any external power adapters.
The USB eight port serial adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports.
FTDI Serial Adapter features
- Adds eight RS-232 DB9 serial ports by connecting to a Single USB port
- Rugged plastic housing with built-in LED status indicators for TxD and RxD
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baud rates supported
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- USB and Self-powered modes are available
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
Note: The power adapter included may be slightly different than what is pictured above but is still a 5V 2A.