Single Port USB Isolators
Medical and Industrial Application USB to USB Isolator up to Full Speed 12Mbps
USB Isolator protects your PC or Laptop while connecting USB peripherals which is wired to high voltages. This small, industrial - grade isolator is very easy for use and provides a high-voltage barrier for protection against surges, noise and ground loop errors. It is suitable for use in sensitive applications like automotive measurements.
USB isolator provides a high - voltage isolation barrier between computer and it's connected USB device. The isolation protects equipment from electrical over-voltages and transient voltage spikes. By eliminates ground loop currents flowing between the PC and USB device which can cause damage and inaccurate measurements. Additionally, isolation minimizes conducted noise from static discharge, magnetic fields and radio frequency interference.
USB isolator is USB bus powered and can provide 5V 320mA to your USB device with built-in isolated DC to DC converter. This is possible when the isolator is connected to a high power USB host port.
- USB isolation 5000V DC between USB host and USB device
- USB 2.0 compatible, 1.5Mbps low speed and 12Mbps full speed Bi-directional communication.
- Short circuit protected for x D+ and x D- lines.
- Isolated power supply in device through a DC-to-DC converter
- Class 3A contact ESD performance per ANSI / ESD STM5.1-2007
- High common-mode transient immunity :>25 kV/us
- Supports Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and Windows 10, Mac OS-8.6 and higher no driver installation required
- Isolation D+ & D- 5000V DC
- Power 3000V DC
- Transfer Rate 1.5 / 12 Mbps
- Connector Host USB Type A Male
- Device USB Type A Female
Downstream Power Up to 320mA
Power Mode Bus or Self Power Mode
Dimension ( L x W x H ) 66 x 39 x 20mm
A Note About the Chip: USB use has displaced older communications standards, such as RS-232, as the default serial communications port in PC-based systems. When compared to these other standards, USB has many enhanced features, such as power for peripherals, automatic driver installation, and higher data rates. However, when using USB, it is difficult to provide isolation, which has limited its acceptance in medical and industrial applications. Analog Devices, Inc., has introduced the ADuM4160 and ADuM3160 USB isolators to address the difficult task of isolating the bus.