The USBG-SSE1 is an Ethernet to RS-232 Serial Bridge. It may be used to connect any standard serial communications device such as a PC, an audio / video distribution system, etc., to an Ethernet network. It allows bi-directional communication between the two. It operates as both a network server and a client, which means it is able to both initiate and accept network connections.
Once a network connection is made, the remote networked device or computer is virtually connected to the serial device on the other side of the Bridge. Both the network device and the serial device can send and receive messages to and from each other. Up to twelve network devices may be connected simultaneously. Data sent from any one of them is bridged to the serial port. Data received on the serial side is transmitted to all connected network devices. The bridge can send and receive both UDP and TCP packets.
- Supports TCP/IP / UDP / DHCP and HTTP protocols
- Allows up to twelve ( 12 ) simultaneous TCP-IP network connections
- Transmission rate up to 230 Kbps
- Supports software handshaking ( XON / XOFF ) and hardware handshaking ( RTS / CTS )
- Multiple Bridges can be used on the same network
- Integrated 802.3 compliant 10 / 100 Mbps network interface
- RS232, DB9M 9-pin serial port connection
- Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
Read our related articles discussing RS485 protocol applications and voltage differences.