Do you have a Windows laptop with an iLink connector that does not pass bus power? Do you have a laptop with a cardbus card that does not pass bus power? Do you have a PowerBook/iBook and do not want to drain the battery using your external FireWire hard drive? Then YOU WANT this enclosure
AMS 2.5" Rechargable FireWire enclosure Specifications:
Do you have a Windows laptop with an iLink connector that does not pass bus power?
Do you have a laptop with a cardbus card that does not pass bus power?
Do you have a PowerBook/iBook and do not want to drain the battery using your external FireWire hard drive?
Then YOU WANT this enclosure!
Firewire advantage -You may daisy chain up to 63 devices
Small and inexpensive - small enough to fit in your pocket or your shoulder bag or briefcase - it utilizes a thin serial cable designed for consumer products, that replaces larger, more expensive cables.
Scalable architecture - allows the simultaneous usage of 100,200, and 400 Mbps devices on a bus
Asynchronous data transport technology - provides connectivity to legacy technology as well as command and control for new devices.
Isosynchronous data transport technology - guarantees delivery of multiple time-critical multimedia data streams
The AMS MPD 2.5 inch 9.5mm hard drive enclosure has a built-in rechargable battery that will last up 10+ hours before needing a recharge - whether you have 6 pin bus powered port or a 4 pin iLink ports or a cardbus card that provides no power, this is the perfect solution for you. AND you get to save the battery life on your laptop machine
The AMS mini drive enclosure with rechargable battery pack built in is designed for convenience and ease of use.
This is a great way of having a highly portable, extremely small, and personal storage with a 9.5mm/2.5 inch (Laptop) HDD. You benefit from the latest in laptop size hard drive technology. Simple plug and play device. You can purchase and install any 9.5mm 10G, 20G, 30G, 40G, and the new IBM 80G Travelstar laptop hard disk drives.
- If you are using a Windows laptop with a 4 pin iLink port (which does not pass bus power) or a cardbus card, this is THE solution for you
- If you are using a Macintosh or Windows machine with a FireWire cardbus card, this is THE solution for you!
The AMS enclosure provides two 6 pin FireWire ports and adds a powerful feature with its built-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery allowing you to operate the drive without draining your laptop battery and without requiring bus power - benefits you will appreciate. While connected to your computer the enclosure will draw its power from its internal rechargable battery. At night, plug the enclosure into the included power supply to recharge the battery and you are ready to go the next day with a full charge. The unit will only charge from the included AC adapter.
- Adding external portable storage for MPEGs, AVIs, DTP, general data files
- Adds fast high-capacity external storage for backing up data fast
- Faster than Tape or ZIP drives & more convenient
- Eliminates need to work on internal drives and then copy to external drives for transport
- Expanding the drive capacity of notebook computers
- Permits convenient and cost effective exapansion
- Making existing Hard Drives IEEE1394 compatible
- Adds convenience of hot plugging and daisy chaining
- Carrying work between office and home
- Facilitates coodination of data files between systems
- Dimension: 140(L) x 80(W) x 20(H) mm
- Weight: 130g
- Device space: accepts only 9.5mm 2.5 inch drives
- Material: Plastic + metal cover
- Interface: IDE to IEEE1394 - (Oxford 911 Chipset)
- Two (2) 6 pin FireWire ports
- power port for external power supply for recharging
- battery is NOT soldered to the motherboard so it can be replaced in the future if required
- Storage Device: 2.5 inch/9.5mm hdd (IBM, Fujitsu, Toshiba, Hitachi)
- Device interface: IDE 44 pin
- On/Off switch to help conserve battery life
- AC Power: AC90~240V, 50~60Hz
- DC Power: +5V DC, 1000mA
- Built in Battery: DC3.6V, 800mA/H, Li-ion Battery
- Temperature: Operating 5 ~ 50 degrees C
Non-operation: -20C ~ 80C
- Operation hours: More than 10 Hours
- Transfer Rate : Firewire - 100/200/400Mbs
Serial bus data rates of 100 / 200 / 400 Mbits/s
- Compatible with PC and Mac
Note: Power managment is designed to keep the device in top condition - when your drive isn't operating it will recharge through the power adapter (included). A fully charged battery can last up to 10-15 hours of non stop operation, enough time for the most common user-tasks (daily data backups, video storage, MP3 transfers, digital images, etc.).
This truly plug and play device, will let your work and manageability be many times easier, and more convenient. So enjoy the benefits of the latest in hard drive technology, smart power management, ease of use, and convenience with the AMS rechargable enclosure today.
- Warranty: One Year Warranty
- Mac OS 8.6 - OS 10.x.x
- Windows 98SE, ME, 2K, XP
- Linux (check your distribution for 1394 drivers)
Sometimes you need a product in a flash and just want to verify an item is in stock. Other times you have a specific question regarding a product, shipping method, or your order. Use the form below and we will help. Please refrain from spam, we only log this information to our database for 24-hours and then it's gone.
|Barcode:||--||Ship Weight:||5.00 lbs||Condition:||New|
|Ship Weight:||5.00 lbs|