SS-AS2RS 2S RS232 Express Card All New SerialGear(TM) ExpressCard adapter 34mm
- Full ExpressCard/34mm Compliant, up to 250MB/sec
- Express Card Advanced Error Reporting Capability Including ECRC Support
- 2 Fully 16C950 High performance UART channels
- Baud Rate up to 921.6Kbps
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Detection of Bad Data in the Receiver FIFO
- 9-bit Data Framing, as well as 5,6,7 and 8 bits
- Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS#RTS# and/or DSR#DTR#
- Complete Software Supports for 98, Me, Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Linux
The SS-AS2RS provides a reliable solution for Notebook PC to connect serial peripherals such as GPS receivers, serial printers/plotters, barcode scanners, digital cameras, PDAs, Cell Phones and fax/modems over its new Express Card Slots.
The Express Card provides a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with CardBus applications and drivers. Its architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at speed of 250Mbytes/sec.
The SS-AS2RS is compact in size and low power requirements to support the major serial portable devices. The UART is the newest generation of the 16C950. It equipped a 128-byte deep data FIFO and auto-flow control features to speed up the data transfer to 921.6Kbps without the under-run and over-run problems.
The SS-AS2RS is ideal for a wide variety of applications including field data collection, industrial control and monitoring. With its complete hardware and complete driver support, the SS-AS2RS is an ideal upgrade to support all UART-serial-compatible devices for the rapidly changing Notebook computer to preserve user¡¦s investment in serial interface.
For Systems with at least one 34mm or 54mm Express Card Slot, bandwidth 250Mbytes/sec
Fully Express Card Standard, Release 1.0 compliant.
Two DB9-Male UART Serial ports, the key benefits are:
- 16C950 UART compatible, 128-byte deep FIFOs per Transmitter and Receiver
- Up to 921.6Kbps baud rate.
- Automated in band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS#RTS# and/or DSR#DTR# I/O Hardware
- Two DB9-Male RS232C Serial Port Connectors with 15pin-to-DB9M cable
- One 26-pin Express Card Connector for Notebooks OS Support Windows 98, ME, XP, 2000 Form Factor 4.41¡¨ x 1.34¡¨ (11.20cm x 3.40cm)
- New Drivers for Windows :
- Drivers for SerialGear PCMCIA Serial Cards and SerialGear Express Serial Cards
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT4.0
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows XP
- Windows XP 64-bit