This Industrial Grade Rack Mount 8-Port USB Serial Adaptor Metal Case with Built-In 100-240Volt Power Supply uses FTDI chip USB serial Converters part number FT2232C, More information on this Chip at www.Ftdichip.com
USB-8COMi-RM USB to Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter
The USB-8COMi-RM USB-to-Octal RS-232/422/485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds eight RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports don't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis.
The adapter is designed with eight external 4-pin dip switches to set RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Each port can be independently set to RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485, depending on your requirement in application. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. The adapter can be also mounted to a 19" rack, and the rack mount kits are included with the adapter. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines. The USB-to-Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The USB-8COMi-RM USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance. Complete drivers support Windows VISTA, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x.
Features & Specification
- Model No.: USB-8COMi-RM
- Adds eight RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to USB port
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Full RS-232 modem control signals
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- RS-422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
- Serial port speed up to 230K bps
- Eight DB9 male connector
- Full hardware and software flow control
- Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
- ESD surge protection (15KV)
- Monitor LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
- Four external dip switches for easy RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- no need to open chassis to set different modes
- RS-232 mode: OFF, ON, ON, ON
- RS-422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, ON, ON
- RS-485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, ON, ON
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo ON, OFF, OFF, ON
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo ON, OFF, OFF, OFF
Serial Communication Parameters
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS
- Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination
- Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
- USB cable of 0.9 meter included
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug & play installation and RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- SECC sheet metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- Dimensions: 257 mm x 152 mm x 44 mm 277 mm x 152 mm x 44 mm (with DIN rail bracket)
- COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support HyperTerminal, or any other COM port number required
- Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, & XP.
- Supports OSX & Linux
Full Details PDF File User Guide
|Important Technical Information:
Features & Specifications:
Easy plug-and-play installation
Installed as a standard COM port
Full modem control signals & data signals supported
Serial port speed up to 230,400 bps or 921,600 bps depending on the model.
384 byte receive / 128 byte transmit buffering.
USB cable included
The USB-COM series items support Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Apple MAC OS8 or higher, Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later. Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc. The latest versions of the Windows drivers as well as the drivers for Apple OS8/OS9/OSX, & Windows CE.NET (version 4.2 or greater) can be downloaded from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT245Drivers.htm.
Linux, OpenBSD and FreeBSD support the adapters directly, so no driver is necessary.