USB-to-Optical isolated RS-422/485 Industrial Adapter
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is powered by the USB port, and no external power adapter is required.
The adapter is designed with an external 4-pin dip switch to set RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Both a 6-pin terminal block and a DB9 male connector are available for optimal flexibility for serial connection. The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of the terminal block to serial device.
Termination and biasing options are available for data transmission lines.
Optical isolation and surge protection are available with the USBG-COMi-SI-M. The serial line of RS-422/485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse. The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link. The adapter is built-in surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
The USB-to-RS-422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The USBG-COMi-SI-M USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
- Adds one RS-422 or RS-485 serial port by connecting to a USB port
- 2000V DC optical isolation
- 25KV ESD surge protection
- No need to open chassis to set operation modes- one external DIP switch for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
Dimensions: 57mm x 76mm x 23mm
OS Support: Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Linux and Mac OS 10.X
Alternate part number: USB-COMi-SI-M
Sometimes you need a product in a flash and just want to verify an item is in stock. Other times you have a specific question regarding a product, shipping method, or your order. Use the form below and we will help. Please refrain from spam, we only log this information to our database for 24-hours and then it's gone.
|Port Count:||1||Port Type:||Male DB9 /W Nuts||Input Voltage:||5V DC|
|Temperature(Op):||0C ~ 55C||ESD Protection:||--||Serial Modes:||RS422, RS485|
|Port Type:||Male DB9 /W Nuts|
|Input Voltage:||5V DC|
|Temperature(Op):||0C ~ 55C|
|Serial Modes:||RS422, RS485|